Terms of GPA MN Fostering Contract
After you have submitted a Fostering Application and have been approved as a foster home, you will be asked to sign and abide by the following contract terms:
GPAMN FOSTERING CONTRACT TERMS:
- I AGREE that the foster greyhound is the property of GPAMN and will be kept solely and exclusively as a pet and will not be used for racing, breeding, or any form of medical research.
- I AGREE to cooperate with GPAMN representatives for scheduling adoption showings, scheduling veterinary care, adhering to recommended medical care, social interaction recommendations, and any other requests and circumstances that require my reasonable participation.
- I AGREE that if problems develop which would prevent me from keeping my foster greyhound, the GPAMN Foster Coordinator will be contacted immediately so they can take the foster greyhound back, and that the foster greyhound will not be given, sold or transferred to any individual, animal shelter, pound, humane group, or laboratory.
- I AGREE that GPAMN will match the foster greyhound with a home and I will not imply availability of the foster greyhound to anyone else.
- I AGREE to keep the foster greyhound as an indoor pet only and will never house the foster greyhound in an outdoor kennel, outdoor dog house or garage.
- I AGREE that the foster greyhound will be spayed/neutered, receive all other necessary veterinarian procedures, be fed a healthy diet, and receive overall good general care in order to prepare the greyhound for adoption.
- I AGREE that as a foster family, we will do our best to acclimate the foster greyhound to its new home environment, and will provide regular updates to the foster coordinator on the dogs progress and personality.
- I AGREE that the foster greyhound will never be staked, tied out, tied to a zip-line or bound to any stationary object.
- I AGREE that my foster greyhound will never be transported in the open bed of any vehicle.
- I AGREE that my foster greyhound will be kept on a hand-held leash, will never be kept on a retractable leash or flexi-lead, and will only be allowed to run loose in a totally fenced in area.
- I AGREE that regardless of temperature or time of day or night, when there is no fenced in area I will take my foster greyhound out to perform its bathroom duties on a hand-held leash.
- I AGREE that before turning my foster greyhound out into a fenced in area to run, I will first check the gates and fence to ensure they are securely closed.
- I AGREE that at all times my foster greyhound will wear a collar bearing identification.
- I UNDERSTAND and have been advised that foster dogs can sometimes dig, chew, soil, and exhibit other undesirable traits. I understand that dogs are dogs and will do things that cannot be foreseen on occasion.
- I UNDERSTAND that dogs are animals and may cause bodily injury to myself or my family members. I will not hold GPAMN responsible for any injury to myself or family members that arises from the foster relationship.
- I AGREE that interactions between the foster greyhound and my child(ren), other dogs, and cats must be carefully supervised. I agree that I will never leave my child alone and unsupervised with the foster greyhound, and will carefully introduce the foster greyhound to any other dogs or cats, including use of the provided muzzle.
- I AGREE that I will notify the GPAMN Foster Coordinator immediately if my foster greyhound escapes, is lost, or is stolen.
- I AGREE that if I am interested in adopting my foster greyhound, I must immediately make my intentions known to the Foster Coordinator and Adoption Coordinator before adoption showings have been scheduled for the dog, and anyone interested in adopting must go through the normal GPAMN adoption application and approval process. I understand that, until the adoption donation has been paid, the dog remains the sole property of GPAMN and will need to be shown to other potential adopters.
- I AGREE that requests for reimbursement of medical costs because of a injury to a person’s existing animal caused by the foster greyhound will be on a case-by-case basis, based on board discretion, with maximum reimbursement of $500.
- I AGREE if the foster greyhound is injured, the greyhound will need to be brought into an authorized GPAMN veterinarian for treatment, and that if the injury occurs “after hours” the Vetting Liaison or, in the event they are not available, the Foster Coordinator, President, Treasurer, or Adoption Coordinator, will be contacted for notification and approval
- I AGREE that my participation in the GPAMN foster program is subject to all of the above conditions and that if they are broken in any way, GPAMN will be fully authorized to repossess the foster greyhound and, if immediate repossession is not possible, or if I refuse to cooperate, I will be liable for all legal costs and expenses accrued in the repossession of the foster greyhound.
- I UNDERSTAND that it is my responsibility to check with my insurance agent or the underwriter of my homeowners insurance policy regarding coverage for dogs within my home, and that the insurance held by GPAMN does not include coverage for occurrences/claims within foster homes.
- I AGREE as the foster family, to hold harmless and release GPAMN and/or its members, volunteers and other individuals working for and/or assisting with rescue from all liability, claims, and/or causes of action arising from any acts, injury and/or occurrences engaged in and/or caused by the dog subject to this agreement, as well as indemnification for damages, court costs, and/or attorney's fees incurred by GPAMN and/or its members for any court proceedings relating to such matters.
- I UNDERSTAND that if I have answered one or more of the above questions with "I Do Not Agree" then I will not be eligible to be a foster home for GPAMN.
- Foster has read the foregoing Foster Contract and fully understands and agrees to be bound by its provisions. By typing my name below and electronically signing as the Foster Applicant and Co-Foster Applicant within the household (if applicable) and submitting this contract I agree that I, and the members of my household, will be bound by this agreement.